For my show and tell for my technology class I came across a website which one can explore a multitude of other resources. The site is titled Exploratorium (the museum of science, art, and human perception). When reading about the site on their About Us page, I realized that they encourage people to question what is around them to search for understanding. This site allows one to easily explore their curiosity by giving many self-explorable exhibits.
After searching through many things on this site, I found a really interesting site that I connected back to a lecture, presented by Jana Levin, that we attended in class. This site documents the "First Annual Art of Science Competition at Princeton University" held in 2005. The connection that I saw between the lecture and this site, is the incorporation of visual art and science. These two subjects although at first glance may seem very different, intertwine and overlap in many ways. I think that many of the artwork displayed on the website found through Exploratorium allows a viewer to take a closer look at things we may not pay much attention to, and we can appreciate it's beauty through these artworks.
Here is a video that (although a little dated) shows some of the past work that has taken place at the Exploratorium.
I think that the Exploratorium page is a good teaching tool because it allows students the freedom to explore the art world and be drawn in by what attracts them. This site has a wide variety of visual arts from contemporary metal work to drawings done by Leonardo da Vinci. This site can be used to attract all different types of learners.
No comments:
Post a Comment